Monday, May 12, 2008

Summer Workshops

I am working full time on this project this summer. I am currently scheduling workshops across the state to allow 2-3 participants to make self-portraits. I am looking into setting up workshops in Greensboro, Fayetteville, Statesville, and Raleigh, North Carolina.

I will come to your mosque or community center to hold a workshop for interested persons. Beginning with a digital photograph, participants will work with me to alter the image using markers, paint, or collaged photographs. I will then adjusted these in photoshop to the liking of the participant. A printed copy will be given to the participant to keep. Participation is free. Individuals are asked to bring only their ideas and any materials such a photos they would like to have included in their self-portrait. A recorded interview or written response explaining the self-portrait will be taken from each participant.

Workshops are limited to 2-3 participants and will take around 2 to 3 hours to conduct.

I am also interested in hearing from Muslim artists living in North Carolina interested in doing their own portraits and having them considered for this project.

No comments: